Friday, September 4, 2009

Digi Stamps!

I have recently started using digi stamps (well trying) and I have to say, I'm really loving them! Now, I'm not really that good at coloring and I don't have any of those fancy pencils or markers but I still really like them! I use regular Crayola colored pencils to color mine or I don't color them at all! I needed to make a birthday card for my father in law so I went searching the net for some free "manly" digi stamps. I found this great site, Digital Two for Tuesday. Every Tuesday you can get two free digital stamps! How's that for feeding your addiction??? :) But they aren't actually stamps, they are pictures and what not from old books! So there are old cars and pictures of ladies from the 1900's, very cool. Anyway, I got a couple and tried them out. The first one I printed on tan (sorry no fancy name here) cardstock, inked the edges and just layered it on navy blue paper. I LOVE this card! It's one of those you really don't want to give away, ya know. He really liked it too, I think! :)
This next one is for my brother in law as a thank card. I always struggle with man cards but I thought he might like this because he's a kid at heart. I printed this and colored it with colored pencils. Now, if this card had been for a woman, I would have put flowers and bows on it and called it a day, but boys don't like that kind of stuff (pfft!) So, I picked an old button out of the stash my hubby's grandmother gave me and put a little twine through it. I also layered my picture onto kraft cardstock I had run through the crimper to give it that cardboardy look. I'm still working on shading, but I think it turned out pretty well!
And last, but not least, a girly card! I made this as a thank you for my mother in law. I was going for a vintage look here and I think I pulled it off. The red rose picture is actually a tag I believe was torn off an old stationary box. It's a ad for Ladies Stationary. I just love stuff like that, it's another flea market find! :) My fav.

Well, that's all for today! I'm going to attempt to sleep again! Thanks for reading!

1 comment: