Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Custom Christmas Cards

Warning: Long Post

Three more shopping days left! Scary! I hope everyone is done or almost done with their shopping! We just did gift cards this year, so we were done last week.

Today I wanted to share more Christmas cards I've made. The first one is for a friend of ours. I made FORTY of them! It was tough, since I couldn't use ribbon, flowers or buttons, nothing girly! I clear embossed a Santa image and inked everything with a little gold and of course added glitter for the sentiment. You just have to have glitter on your cards, girl or not. :) I also printed a little Christmas poem that he chose for the inside. I hope he loves them, that was hard work, but I love it!Here's a better shot of the front...
And here's what forty handmade Christmas cards looks like!
Just a word of advice, if you ever make that many, keep it simple! I thought mine was simple but I didn't really take into account all of the inking and matting!

The next one I made for my Granny. I learned my lesson the first time and tried to keep it simple. She only wanted ten so I splurged on the embellishments a little. I punched out snowflakes then covered them in Stickles and put rhinestones from the dollar bin at Michaels. I just love those things, bought them in every color! I also put Stickles all around the edges, the sparklier the better! Plus, my Granny loves glitter too! Then, I heat embossed Merry Christmas on the card with silver embossing powder. Last, I printed a little Christmas greeting inside hers also so she wouldn't have to write inside them.

Knowing me, this will probably be my last post before Christmas, so I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Don't eat TOO much, I know I will!

PS: I lied. When I pulled that last picture off my camera, I found two other little projects I need to write about. So, I will be back, just don't know when! I'm cooking a turkey and dressing on Christmas Eve for Christmas with my mom. I've never cooked either before, so we might just be ordering pizza! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment